Minutes taken by Jackson.
Here – Sara, Jackson, Ruby, Jayden, Arif, Aysha, Hannifah, Sudais. Earth and Mars class at swimming.
Computing Celebration Day – Miss Bates wanted to know what we liked and how we could make it even better next time.
- Sara – more than one activity going on in each class, make it for the whole day, have 2-3 children from each class stand up in assembly to talk about what they have been learning and show their work.
- Jackson – we liked code club teaching Earth class a Scratch project. We liked Matt, code club volunteer coming to school. Maybe we could act out a scratch project or e-safety drama in assembly. Share out the laptops between each class at different times of the day.
- Ruby – have activities in each class at different times, so other classes can come to visit too. Get the parents involved and run workshops for them, make a podcast on blog central advertising the day to parents. Do’s and Don’ts for parents.
- Jayden – we could teach parents how to blog, and set up a blog with pictures and writing to get more parents to come. We could run a competition with parents and children with Computing prizes! Questions in assembly for parents about what you should and shouldn’t do.
- Hannifah – different activities in each class linked to their topic. Talk to the parents about what we learnt about and show espresso coding and JIT.
- Sudais – we could use espresso and espresso coding.
- Arif & Aysha – we could show the work we have been doing with Miss Bates.
Plagiarism – Miss Bates explained plagiarism so we know not to copy other work. We think we should do an assembly about it so the rest of the school understands.
Clubs – We have Code Club for Y5&6, new Code Club for Y5&6, Computing club for Y3&4 but no club for KS1. Hannifah and Sudais suggested espresso coding club, JIT club or blogging club for Y1&2. Aysha thinks this should be at lunchtime.