- January 2019
- May 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- May 2017
- March 2016
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- April 2012
Category Archives: Winton e-team
What ideas do you have for the e-team this year at Winton? What would you like us to achieve? Share your ideas by posting a comment here.
Miss Bates 🙂
Minutes taken by Jackson.
Here – Sara, Jackson, Ruby, Jayden, Arif, Aysha, Hannifah, Sudais. Earth and Mars class at swimming.
Computing Celebration Day – Miss Bates wanted to know what we liked and how we could make it even better next time.
- Sara – more than one activity going on in each class, make it for the whole day, have 2-3 children from each class stand up in assembly to talk about what they have been learning and show their work.
- Jackson – we liked code club teaching Earth class a Scratch project. We liked Matt, code club volunteer coming to school. Maybe we could act out a scratch project or e-safety drama in assembly. Share out the laptops between each class at different times of the day.
- Ruby – have activities in each class at different times, so other classes can come to visit too. Get the parents involved and run workshops for them, make a podcast on blog central advertising the day to parents. Do’s and Don’ts for parents.
- Jayden – we could teach parents how to blog, and set up a blog with pictures and writing to get more parents to come. We could run a competition with parents and children with Computing prizes! Questions in assembly for parents about what you should and shouldn’t do.
- Hannifah – different activities in each class linked to their topic. Talk to the parents about what we learnt about and show espresso coding and JIT.
- Sudais – we could use espresso and espresso coding.
- Arif & Aysha – we could show the work we have been doing with Miss Bates.
Plagiarism – Miss Bates explained plagiarism so we know not to copy other work. We think we should do an assembly about it so the rest of the school understands.
Clubs – We have Code Club for Y5&6, new Code Club for Y5&6, Computing club for Y3&4 but no club for KS1. Hannifah and Sudais suggested espresso coding club, JIT club or blogging club for Y1&2. Aysha thinks this should be at lunchtime.
Sara Jackson Ruby Jayden Aysha Arif Sudais Hannifah
What have we been learning in class?
Y1 – In year 1 we have been learning about blogging , espresso coding and Jit.
Y2- In year 2 we have been blogging and making Animation on Jit also we have been coding and publishing our apps online
Y5 – In year 5 we have been using J2E , added pictures and QRcodes. We blogged our documents to J2 webby we have also made car games on espresso coding
Y6 – In year 6 we have been doing online research and having fun and exploring scratch.
Our ideas for COMPUTING CELEBRATION DAY!
*Competition – maybe on the blog or Scratch
*Flyers, posters, message on blackboard, text message home, letters, mascots, advertise, banners and signs, powerpoint
Minutes taken by Sara Nur.
Sara, Jackson, Mohamed, Oliver, Zundus, Arman, Arif, Aysha, Sudais, Hannifah
Miss Bates explained why we have been chosen to be in the Winton e-team.
Miss Bates told us about Safer Internet Day and all the children in the e-team gave a top tip for staying safe on the internet. Tania has taken our photos to put on display with our top tips.
Miss Bates explained that the e-team need to look after the laptops and especially make sure they are plugged in to charge at the end of every lesson.